Aaron and I were planning on suprising my Mom and heading up to Ny on Thursday. Aaron had a long weekend. Which means, duty Wednesday night, Thursday - Sunday off.. He didn't request the time off because he's trying to save up as much leave time as possible to move in November.
Anyway, right before I get into the shower this morning, he calls. He says that hes not going to be able to go with me because they have a STUPID (and thats my word) mandatory suicide class that he has to be there for on Thursday and that on Friday, he has to sit in for his buddy while he goes.
WTF? How many damn suicide prevention classes do they have to take while they're in the flipping Marine Corps?! Ugh.. I swear he has one every other month it seems!
So now I dont know what to do. I would drive up by myself but it's seven+ hours and with two boys on the back seat, screaming their faces off, it makes for a VERY stressful trip on Mommy.
Plus, I dont know what to do about the dog. if Aaron were coming with us, it would be fine but he's not so that's one extra thing I have to worry about. Annnd, Aaron was going to drive up with us on Thursday then take a rental car back on Sunday. He was supposed to bring Gunner back with him on Sunday because Gunner has a vet appointment on Wednesday that he HAS to be there for (or else they take him off his puppy package) and then Aaron was going to drive him and the dog back to Ny the following Thursday for Benny's Birthday..
So this just throws a huge wrench in our plan, and it sucks. I feel like everytime we plan something, it just never goes right. I hate it.. something ALWAYS comes up. ALWAYS!
Now I dont know if I should stay and go when we orgionally planned on going (which is the 14th) or, if I should just suck it up and go.. but not bring the dog (as there would be no way for him to get back to VA for his vet visit) and just ask my neighbor to watch him on the days that Aaron's working. Blah.. ugh..
And thats my vent.. guess I'll have to wait til Aaron gets home to figure things out..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wait your mom see this....lol
ReplyDeletei would just go & leave gunner.. i know you can do this.... just make sure you have a ton of snacks, got get one or two new dvd's the boys haven't seen yet so it's excitin & fun to watch in the car... you can do it..... if they start screamin just blast the music... lol