Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Neighborhood Watch

As some of you may know, I live in what I like to call the "Ghetto." And, (I think) rightfully so as our vehicles have been broken into 3 times in 9 months. There are now houses being broken into, and my neighbor just found a dime bag on the sidewalk the other day. So, even though it was only pot, I still think "Ghetto" is approphite.

Anyway, I guess all of our bitching and complaining has actually gone somewhere!

Tonight, we had our very first Neighborhood Watch meeting! A Sheriff came to the clubhouse and explained how all of it would work. Granted, my kids were awful (and Aaron had duty so I had no one to watch them) and I didn't get to hear most of it, but I got the idea. Plus, my friend, Diana was taking notes.

Anyway, I think this a BIG step in the right direction for Sky Terrace and I couldn't be happier!

Its so funny though because after our run this morning, we took a few extra laps around the development. While we were doing that, we'd run into fellow neighbors and ask them if they were going to the meeting. Not a single one of them said yes. Which is VERY disappointing! Especially after all of the recent break ins we've been having. So we went right to the office and asked Emma to print out some more flyers and told her that we'd up them up on all of the mail boxes and the front and back gates. So as we were leaving, we watched a guy in a VW Beetle squeeze around the front gate. I mean, he bearly made it. So we started giving him crap. We told him that there is a key pad there for a reason and if you don't know the code, then he didn't belong here.. yada, yada.. he was VERY nasty back at us. Whatever.. so we do a lap and put all the flyers on the mailboxes and go back to the office just to discover that someone had run right through the gate and broke it! What do ya know?

I can't understand these a holes! Doens't anyone have any respect for ANYTHING anymore? I mean, it IS a little 1x3 board painted yellow and VERY easy to break through but, damnit, I'm tired of it! And I am tired of being a victim. I cannnt wait to leave this awful place and live on base again. This place has just ruined it for every other place outon town. We'll probably never live on town again..

But, yay for a Neighborhood Watch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment