Yours truly!
Here are the reasons:
Husband came home from Afghanistan in September, and my computer broke the same month. I went to Best Buy to see about getting it fixed, and they pretty much told me that I might as well buy a new computer. I just don't have the money for that, so I've been doing most of my online stuff, (minus the Blog) from my phone. You know, the important stuff like, Pinterest and Facebook..
So until I can get an actual computer up and running, my posts will be far and few between. (Nothing now though, right?)
So, another update is in order I think:
We've already established that the Husband returned safe and sound from Afghanistan in September. (Thank you God.) Homecoming was beautiful. Well, it was rainy, but that didn't take away the beauty that was my children seeing their Father for the 1st time in 6+ months. That was perfectly beautiful. Their shyness that turned into smiles once they realized that it was, indeed, their Dad..
After that, he had some time off. So what do most military families do once their loved ones get back from deployment? That's right, we started blowing through the deployment money that we saved while he was gone. (Oh, not every military family does that? Huh.)
Literally, the first day he was home, we went out and bought a Nissan Titan. Not even a month after that, we bought my DREAM car, a Volvo XC90. She's a beaut, and I'm in love.
We did manage to put some in savings before all of this spending happened, because we KNEW that once we started spending, we wouldn't be able to stop. And that has totally been in the case since he came home in September.
Now that the Holidays have come in gone, we're taking a step back and realizing that maybe we spent a bit too much. So now it's "save, save, SAVE!" until tax returns. Hah.
Between the car buying and all of that fun stuff, we also have completed a few races.
Husband and I did a Warrior Dash in Virgina in October. I did a Breast Cancer 5k in that same month. Husband did a half marathon in November, and I did a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving. So we're still staying active. I've been taking classes at the gym 3 days a week and it's so much fun! We have a TAC (total athletic conditioning) and a spin class that my friend, Cait and I take.
I was really hoping that 2011 would be my Half marathon year, but after my fractured foot in June, I just haven't been able to get back on the running wagon full time. My 5k times have gotten slower and when I'm through with a run, my foot throbs for days afterwards. Hence one of the main reasons for the classes at the gym. None of them require running.. .
As far as 2012 and races go, I'm already singed up for 2 Warrior Dashes (with a 3rd in the works) And I'm hoping to kick my mileage up with my running so I can get another 8k, 10k and (hopefully) a half marathon under my belt. Only time will tell..
As far as our future, Husband was been flagged for recruiting, so we're just waiting on what that means for us. It could mean us putting our house up for rent and moving to another state, or maybe he'll get passed over and we wont have to worry about anything..either way, my nerves are a mess.
I hate to have to put our house up for rent. We just bought it a little over a year ago, and I'd hate to rent it to some a hole who's going to punch holes in the wall every time his dog pisses on the rug.. ya know?
We can't sell it because we have to own it for 3 years according to the VA loan that we used to purchase it. So we're kind of stuck. Another thing that only time can answer..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment