I'm here. In New York until May. A lot of you probably think, "Oh, NY, that's awesome, I've always wanted to go there, see the "Big Apple"... " Well, it's not that kind of New York. I live in upstate New York. 3 hours from NYC actually. Yep, boring. Not much goes on here... and as a matter of fact, there are more cows than people.
Literally, it takes an hour to get to the nearest mall, and a half hour to the nearest hospital. I should be used to it since I grew up here but, I just can't seem to wrap my head around why someone would want to live here their whole lives.
I haven't actually "lived" here since 2005. As most of you know, my Husband made the excellent choice of getting us out of here by joining the Marine Corps in 2003. We married in 2004, he deployed, and in 2005, I packed up my little life and joined him in Yorktown, Virginia.
Anyway, I've been here for a week.. one week, today actually. I have mananged to get myself a job and a gym membership to keep me busy. Problem is, my job is part time and the gym seriously blows (read my other blog for that story) I'm bored. I do have the boys to keep me semi- busy but that's about it. I'm so bored that I'm actually going to start a project on my parents upstairs bathroom.. stripping the wall paper and painting it. THAT's how bored I am.
The best part about upstate New York is that this morning, I went to my car and found out that it was 9 degrees. 9! Ha! I can't handle it. The weather is awful. Spring doesn't come until May. No, seriously, there is still snow in April. yuck..
But, I have to thank my lucky stars that my family is willing to have the boys and I (and dog) here for 3 months. Without them, we'd kind of be homeless. Aaron is still in Virginia and he will be until April when he checks out April 1st. He'll take that whole month off and then move us all down to North Carolina in May.
So there's my little update. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment