Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm twenty six,working again and, Wilco

I'm 26! Holy crow! I can't believe it.. kinda scary.. I swear life started flying by after I turned 18. I'm now closer to 30 than 20. It's unreal, really.

I went out the night before in Cambridge with my awesome cousin, Erin and my dear friend, Alyssa. I had a darn good time but paid for it the next morning. I spent my Birthday hung over and shopping at the mall with my two screaming, crazy kids and my Mother. Fun.


Anyway, I started work! I work here:
Ive worked here before, 6 years ago. I started when I was 19, almost 20. Aaron had just left for bootcamp and I was in need of a job. They were opening a brand new store and I was one of their 1st hires. I actually hooked up all of the registers on the front end.
I was brought in as a head cashier, (which I had NO idea what that was) and from there, was promoted to Front End Supervisor after a year..then I moved to Vriginia to be with Aaron.
So now I'm back! I'm really excited about it. I've always loved working there. Granted, I AM at the bottom of the totum pole (cashier) but I'll work my way back up..
What's the best part about working at The Home Depot you ask? (Besides helping and interacting with the customers and the awesome people who work there)Well, they just happen to play Wilco over their store radio! I swear, it's a sign. I am meant to work there!
Wilco=love. I don't care that I am a 26 Mother of two, I would follow this band all over the World if I could. I'd just throw the boys in a suitcase with some crackers and we'd be all set.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I love the crackers and suitcase idea. I am not sure I have ever heard a song by Wilco but I need to get on that so I know who the heck you are talking about after all of this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoyed reading your blog. you have a very nice way of writing :) i hope youll be able to work your way back up again soon. good luck! :) x

    ReplyDelete