Tuesday, November 30, 2010

from now on..

This lil blog here, will be my diary of all the wonderful things that happen on a weekly basis. Doesn't sound interesting, right? Oh contraire. Little does anyone know how interesting, embarrassing, hysterical, and fun my little ol life can be.

Take last Friday for instance.

I need to go to the post office to mail out some packages. I obviously had to bring my two boys with me. And I know that the post office in this town has a sign plastered outside that reads, "Mother's, we understand you are busy, but please control your children" Sooo being the little angles that my boys AREN'T, I made note of that.

I gave each of the boys a package. -I found early on that when you keep them busy, it's less likely they'll make a scene.  Noah had an actual package and Benji had a Christmas card.

Luckily for us, it was Black Friday and most people were out buying Christmas presents. So the place was empty beside us and the mail room workers. We walked in and meandered through the ropes that were set up in a zig zag pattern for when it's busy and there is a line. (think, velvet ropes to get into a club, or the zig zag lines at an amusement park)

The ladies were so impressed! The lady behind the counter even commented on how well behaved my kids were! I was thinking, "You got this, Jackie.. you've got them all fooled.. just a couple of more minutes and we can stop this charade.." Noah put his package up on the counter nicely. And when it came Bens turn, he wouldn't give his up. I went to grab it from him, and he ran. He ducked right underneath those ropes and stopped right before a big pole that was in the middle of the room. I motioned slowly for him to come back over and even said, "please" - he wasn't budging.  I made a move for him and he turned around to run but that darn pole was right in his way! I just reacted. I tried to grab him so he wouldn't run smack into the pole, but it was too late.

BAM! He walks right into it head first. And while this is all going down, I'm trying to run to him, forgetting that the ropes are right in front of me. So I lunge for him, I went right through the ropes. I knocked all of them down. They all came crashing onto the tile floor. It was a VERY loud crash.  Ben screams, I fall.. the ropes fall on top of me.. oh my gosh it was a disaster!

I very slowly got up, went over to Ben to make sure he was okay, and then proceeded to pick up the ropes and their stands..while I'm doing this, Ben is crying hysterically and hitting me because he thinks it's my fault that he ran smack into the pole.. I was so very embarrassed. I couldn't even look at the lady behind the counter. And I had yet to pay for my packages and stamps. When I finally did get up enough guts to look at her, I muttered an "I'm so sorry" and she says, "Happens all the time.." REALLY? Haha! I doubt it, but thanks for trying to make me feel better lady.

From now on, I think the post office needs a sign that reads," Children, please control your Mothers"

No comments:

Post a Comment