Monday, February 14, 2011

Day thirty

A picture of someone you miss:

                                                 Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, JooLLLEeeenne...
I miss Jolene. I hate the fact that she's living in NY and I'm down here in NC when she was just living down here less than two years ago. and I was living 5 hours away in VA. Its like we just miss each other

We met the first time we lived at Lejeune. We both lived on base housing and belonged to a Marine Wives support group called Grits. On Halloween night, Jolene came to my door trick or treating with her two girls.  And that was the first time we met.

Spring came and we decided that we should hang out. So we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Noah was just born that November so we both pushed our strollers around. And that became our thing. We'd walk every day.

Then my husband got orders to Quantico and we moved. It was hard having to start over and try to make new friends. Luckily for me, Jolene called almost every day to keep in touch. Thank God she did, because I'm AWFUL at keeping in touch with people.

Her Husband got out of the Marine Corps and they moved back home to NY and we got orders to NC(again) so we just missed each other. But no matter what, we still talk on the phone almost daily. She's really the only one, (besides my Mother) that I talk to on the phone anymore. We're still as close as ever, and our conversations are never forced or awkward like some can be when you don't see each other as much.

I miss her. I miss our walks. I miss just hanging out. I hate that we live so far away from each other. But every time I go home, we always meet up at least once. Because she only lives two hours away from my parents house.

Love you Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment