Monday, February 7, 2011

Twenty six

A picture of something that means a lot to you:

My wedding ring.
She's been though a lot in the past six and a half years. But unlike my Husbands ring, I've never lost her. (Aaron's on his 3rd.) I'm pretty sure he "lost" the first one on purpose.
I don't wear my engagement ring. One, because it's too big. Two because I'm not a girly girl and hate wearing anything "flashy." and Three, it just gets in the way, gets caught in my hair, get's all soapy and yucky looking.

But my wedding ring is different. And means more to me now that it did when it was first placed on my finger in 2004. It signifies the struggles that we faced the first couple of years, the ups and downs, the fights, the happy times, and now it just the shear fact of accomplishment. We made it. The odds were stacked up against us and at one point, we both threw in the towel. But here we are, 6, almost 7 years later and we're finally happy and more in love than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment