Thursday, May 5, 2011

Great gift idea.

Aaron bought Benjamin a butterfly garden,(I guess that's what its called) for his Birthday. It came with 10 teeny weeny caterpillars. After a week or so, they got bigger and started attaching themselves to the roof. After a day or two of hanging upside down, they started to form cocoons. Very cool! Then one morning, we came downstairs and there was one lonely butterfly!

Throughout the week, more and more emerged and we had 9 beautiful butterflies!

But we had to let them go to fly on their own into the wild.

There they go!! And the booklet says that you can normally see your butterflies day after day because they like to stick around the area that you let them go. But those little stinkers have yet to be seen!

But it really was a great gift idea. The boys loved to watch them grow. You can check them out here: http://www.insectlore.com/

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Jackie, I love this!! I want to get one for Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete