Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

First and for most, Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mother! This will mark her 27th year of being a Mom.

When I was growing up, my Mother would always tell me the story of how I sat on her lap one day and just burst into tears. She asked me what was wrong and I simply said, "I don't ever want to leave you. I never want to move out, I just want to stay right here forever."  I'm not exactly sure how old I was, and I don't remember ever saying it. But to this day, when she tells that story, she gets that smile.. that smile that means she's on the verge of tears.

Now as a Mother of two, I find myself in these kinds of moments and I know how it feels. Moments were I just don't want them to grow up. Moments where I cannot picture my life without these two beautiful boys. Moments where kissing boo boo's makes everything okay. Where I can stop them from being afraid. Where I can protect them. Where "I love yous" roll off their tongues so easily, and where hugs and kisses come randomly.

In this moment, as I sit here on the computer, they are in their pajamas playing with Captain America and Thor. I think of how lucky Aaron and I are. And I sit in awe of how we managed to make these two wonderful little human beings.






 I love you Noah and Benjamin.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwe that's cute Jackie....i bet you are a wonderful mom and your boys are really happy to you have. Happy mothers day!!!

    ReplyDelete