Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Holy moly! Hang on guys!!



So, we made it through our first tornado!













This is basically right before the weather man started saying, "Piney Green, take cover!" Which is where we live. I was scared out of my mind. Luckily my Mother in law was here to keep every one calm. I was a nervous mess!

Once we heard the sound like a freight train coming, we took cover behind this door which leads under our stairs.. which we're VERY lucky to have.
It's not very spacious, but it worked and I think we would have been pretty safe under there. Of course, there was about 10 paint cans on the top shelf that we had to move. Whoops. But we all hunkered down with a bunch of throw pillows until it was all clear to come out..

Here is some of the aftermath from Tarawa Terrace (base housing.) I feel crappy about posting pictures of other people's misfortune, but I wanted to show the impact that this crazy storm had on our community.


This isn't even close to all of it. The area behind us off of Piney Green road got hit really hard, but I haven't been there to check out the damage yet. Thursday I will be headed that way to volunteer in the clean up.

I'm just relieved that no one in Onslow County was killed. What a devastating thing to have to go through and I feel so awful for the families that have lost every thing.

Luckily for us, all we got was rain and bad winds. Nothing on our house was even scratched. It pretty much jumped our neighborhood. We were kind of sandwhiched inbetween impact sites..

CRAZY I tell ya! I'm  thanking my lucky stars this week, that's for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment