When he was born, he was only 5lbs, 12oz. The smallest little precious bundle. I couldn't believe that Aaron and I had made this beautiful little creature. On that day, November 24, 2006 our normal, boring lives would be changed forever..
Everyday he learns something new. He's smart, (to smart sometimes) he's generous, he loves to learn, he loves to help out, (except for when it comes to picking up his toys), and he's just like his Father in that sense. With everything else, he's me. And that, I think, is why we butt heads so much.
Noah has given Aaron and I a whole new outlook on parenting. We thought it would be slightly easy. WRONG. Aside from Noah being smart, generous, helping, and all of the other wonderful traits his personality has, he can also be quite a handful.
He has not slept through the night since he was 9 months old. And at 9 months old, that was only the 3rd time. (I have it documented in his baby book) So needless to say, Aaron and I are both exhausted. He sleeps with us. Weather it be me or the Husband. Which is fine. But I really have to hunker down and get him sleeping in his own bed, in his own room, all night long.
I think he's going through his "terrible 3's" I know they say the two's are the worst but man, three's are awful! Everything I ask him gets a sharp,"no" in reply. He throws fits over getting into the stroller so I hardly ever take him on walks anymore. I'll leave him here with Aaron or I wont go at all..
He's going through a,"I dont listen to Mommy, only Daddy stage" and it makes me insane. I'm not sure if I'm even disiplining him right. I put him on "time outs" on the stairs, (I actually just got up to do that for taking a toy away from his brother) I try softer approaces with him, explaining why he can't do certain things, I even spank him when he gets real bad. But, nothing seems to work. Please tell me this is just a stage!
This is just a vent. Poor Noah, bless his heart. I just wish I could find the right was to disiplin him. A way to make him understand that it's not okay to scream and cry and scream some more while we're shopping...
No comments:
Post a Comment