Thursday, October 29, 2009

I was offered a job!

And I turned it down. Yep. I did. Why? Because I'm stupid. Because I like the way my life is right now. I love my husbands hours at work, I love being with my family when hubby has time off,I love being able to do what I want, when I want, I love not having to pay for day care, or worrying about my kids all of the time.

It's selfish. I know. And the money was good, too! Starting at $10.25 an hour PT! (Which to me, is a lot!) But the hours would make it real hard for our family to be together and that was eating at me.

I thought about it all through out my 3 mile run and at the end I had made my decision. When the woman called, I told her straight up that I couldn't swing it and was sorry for stringing her along for as long as I had. She completely understood but it was clear that she was disappointed.

I feel bad but I also feel relieved. I know that it would have been great to get out of the house and into the "real World," to make my own money and help contribute something to this family. But in the end, I think the best thing was for me to turn it down. I know I'll regret it tomorrow but today, I feel fine with my decision..

No comments:

Post a Comment