Thursday, March 5, 2009

Call me obsessed..

Our pup is the all the way to the right. Of course the biggest! His father weighs 90lbs and his mother weighs 70lbs so he's probably going to be a pretty big boy. (Insert "ut oh" face here!) But that's what we want. A nice, solid dog.. he's going to have to be to survive the wrath of Noah and Benji!
But, is he not the sweetest thing you have ever seen? They're 2 weeks old TODAY! Which means, they're supposed to be getting their eyes open. The breeder Facebooked me this morning and said that some of the pups have already started to open their eyes. Wonder if Gunner's one of them?

Aaron and I are going on the 15th to pick him out. Not sure if I mentioned that already or not. It's a little early but it's really the only time we can since my parents will be here to watch the boys. It's almost 3 hours away. And with the boys, it would be a pain in the butt.. so I volunteered my parents to watch them while we went.

When we go to pick him up in April, we're making a vacation out of it. We'll probably go down Friday and spend the weekend in VA beach and then pick him up on the way home.

Anyway, on to another subject. Aaron and I have FINALLY decided to take Noahs pacifier away from him. Yes, I know, he's 2 and probably shouldn't have one anyway but he does.

So lastnight was the first night. He kept asking for his "suckie" and I kept telling him that the garbage man took it to needy little boys and that he didn't need it anymore because he was a "big boy".. - Back story - we watched the garbage man come yesterday afternoon and take the dumpster. That's when I decided to tell Noah that his suckie was in the garbage and that the garbage man was taking it to the needy boys - mean, I know but it seemed to work..

So he asked for it a few times before he went to bed but that was it... as simple as that! I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.. I guess I shouldn't get too excited since it's only day 1.. but I'm going to throw myself a little victory party anyway !

1 comment:

  1. The doggies are all precious!I put off taking Kaylee's "binkie" as we called it away from her and one day I just couldnt find it, told her it was lost and she went on with her day and never asked for it again. Crazy how some things are so easy when you think it will suck!

    ReplyDelete