Day 4 of Noah going to bed in his OWN bed. Now, he doens't stay there all night but it's a start!
Ever since he was little, we'd let him fall asleep on the couch and then bring him up to bed and I think that was the main reason for him waking up at night and freaking out. Because he went to bed downstairs with the tv on and us around him and then woke up in a dark room by himself.
So i decided enough was enough. This kid needs a bedtime and a routine. (another thing Noah has never had and it's not his fault, it's mine.) So every night, for the past 4 nights, he's been in his bed at 8 o'clock. I still have to sit with him until he falls asleep but it's so worth it.
BUT, he's still getting up. These nights, he hasn't slept more than 2 hours at a time. I put him down at 8, he's up at 10. It never fails. And I need to know why. Why is he waking up? What makes him wake up? It's insane and I'm sure it's not healthy. I mean, kids grow when they sleep, right? We Noah doesn't sleep. Therefore, he doesnt grow. Which explains why he's 2.5 and still in size 12 month pants, right?
Another thing I'm finding with Noah are like.. I guess you would call 'em, skin tags. I found one by his pee pee, one on his chest, and one on his theigh. It's weird. And it worries me a little. Anyone know what could cause those?
I guess I have to make an appointment. There are so many things I need to figure out with him. And I just hope that someone can help.
In other news - we're going to get Gunner tomorrow! Tomorrow. Seems crazy. I bet I'm not this excited when he poops and pees all over my carpet or chews the boys toys. Haha. But he's so darn cute. And I think it's important for kids to grow up with animals. I always did. And God know's Aaron did.
Which reminds me of the first time I met his Mother. We were having breakfast and she came running in with two dead baby chickens in her hand. Slaps 'em down on the table. (where we're eating) and says," Damnit, the stupid dogs got to 'em! This one might still be alive" and walks away. Nice first impression, right?
She's still scary to this day. But ya gotta love her. Such a free spirit. I'm pretty sure she's a hippie. No war, free love.. all that fun stuff.. Lol
Can ya tell I'm bored? Guess it's bed time.. nope wait, it's time for Noah to wake up..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My mom has had a day care for over 10 years and I asked here about what you can do to help Noah and this is what she said: You need to do activities with Noah and also include Benji on them during the day that will make him develop his brain and by the end of the day he will be tired enough to go straight to sleep. Activities like painting, coloring, ripping pieces of paper and them gluing them on another sheet of paper, go for a walk with them, figuring puzzles for his age. In other words, make him be more active. She also said to maybe giving him something to eat a little closer to his bedtime so he'll be full and not wake up because he is hungry. She also suggested to have him go to sleep a little later, maybe eight o'clock might be too early for him. Good luck girl! Hope this helps.
ReplyDeleteyou can try lullabye music & have it play all night long, i know it sounds nuts but maybe he wakes up & the music will just put him back to sleep again.. it worked for EJ & Owen... and do you have a night light in his room...
ReplyDeletethe skin tags i used to have them on my neck when i was little.. like 6 or something.. i would definitely take him to get check.. i think i just had to put stuff on them & i'm not sure how they came off.. sorry i can't remember back that far... lol
i'm so proud of you for tryin to get him in his own room, your doing great momma!!!
Thanks Roci but I have tried all of these things. We are always active. Our main goal everyday is to tire Noah out. He has stopped taking naps during the day so you'd think he'd be even more tired. I wish he would go back to taking one. But ever since we got rid of his pacifier, he has stopped all together. I think if he napped during the day, he would sleep better at night..
ReplyDeleteTanya- I do have a night light in the room. And once Aaron gets the weight bench out of the guest room, I'll be moving benji in there so I'll try the music thing..
Thanks guys!
Oh, and this is night 5 that he's gone to sleep in his own bed! Yay for that! Now if he'd just stay there!
YAY JAckie!!! I told you it took the girls about 2 weeks before they stopped waking up or coming in our room once I started the bedtime routine.Just DONT give up and it will work. I promise. WHen he wakes up what does he say he wants??? A drink?? THat's what BRaelyn always wanted so she would get a tiny sip of water and go right back to bed. Sometimes she'd cry but now she never wakes up. (FInally)lol Plus having agate at her door worked well because after a few times of not being able to get out she would just go back to her bed and go back to sleep. Don't put him to bed any later. 8 o clock is a good time for his age. The girls (unless we're out or something) are in bed everynight at 8pm. THey are sleeping no later than 8 15.
ReplyDeleteOh and dont put a tv in his room. lol
You better know that if you need me if it's getting stressful you better call. Anytime I don't care what time it is.