Thursday, March 11, 2010

My close friends.

I have 4. And they are all special to me in different ways. 
First, there is Ian:

I know what you're thinking.. "isn't it strange that you have GUY for a  friend?" Well, it might be strange for anyone looking in from the outside but to Ian and I, we're exactly like girlfriends. (don't take offence to that, Ian) hah.

I met Ian almost 10 years ago. I was introduced to him at a party that Aaron and I went to one night. He was there along with one of my other very good friends, Alyssa. I don't remember much of this night or even meeting Ian that night. But when we're asked how and when we met, he always says it was that party.. so I believe him.

Ian always hung out with Alyssa and Alyssa always hung out with Aaron and I. Eventually, I started hanging out with Ian, too.

With Ian, it's never awkward. I can talk to him about ANYTHING and he never judges. Ever. He's been through every single part of the worst moments of my life and if it wasn't for him, I probably would be in a different, difficult place right now. So, a HUGE thank you to Ian for sticking by me through thick and thin. Thank you for taking care of me when I drank to much and every time I had a melt down. You don't know how much your friendship means to me.

WAY after I met Ian, I started working at The Home Depot. Aaron had just left for bootcamp and I was miserable.
Thats when I met Crystal Rose Champagne. (yes that was her real name) At first I thought, "Oh no, here comes a pretty girl. She's full of personailty and everyone is going to like her better than me." Sounds so stupid and petty now but at The Home Depot, I (think) I was considered the "sweetheart" I thought this pretty, bubbily little girl was going to come and yank me from my throne.

Little did I know, this crazy, awesome personality of a person would become my best friend, my crutch, my exact replica(in most ways) This is a picture of her and I fooling around in Saratoga. (I have so many better pictures but only this one on my computer.)

Anyway, I asked her to go to the mall with me one day and as we sat eating soup and salad and talking NON-STOP, I knew we'd be connected for life.

Crystal is passionate and sensitive and I love her for both of those wonderful traits..I remember sittingon the floor at the Depot while she bawled her eyes out and thinking, "this girl just needs to be held and loved" and thats what I did. I don't know how long we sat like that but we did and we bonded.

Crystal, I miss you more than you know. I know its been so hard for us to keep in touch but I just wanted to thank you for being there for me,(much like Ian) in the rough times of my life. Thanks for listening to me and just being there and giving me advice.  Your friendship meant a lot to me back then and means a lot to me now. I always wish we lived closer so we could go right back to being ourselves again. I love you and I am so proud of everything you have accomplished in your life. You'll always bring the boys to the yard with your milkshake ;)

Skip a few years.
 I had moved to North Carolina to be with Aaron at Camp Lejeune. I belong to an online Marine Wives forum and most of those girls are like family to me. I started talking to this one girl who lived at Camp Lejeune, too. Her Husband had just deployed and she was there with her two year old and 5 month old.

I remember the 1st time I saw her. It was Halloween night. I was pregnant with Noah and Aaron was in the shower(lol..remember, Jo?) I thought it was a little awkward at first. I asked her to come and and randomally told her Aaron was showering. Why? I don't know, I just did. Haha.
She never did come in but we struck up a friendship later on and have been friends ever since.

Jolene has been an awesome friend. We like all the same things and have pretty much everything in common. I am so thankful for her because she has lived the life I do. Her Husband was in the Marine Corps and we just have that bond. We talk almost daily on the phone about the random things in our lives and never get bored. Shes going to school to be a nurse and I'm so proud of her for that!
She is an excellent mother of three beautiful girls, (that one day, I secretly hope my boys will marry) and a great wife.
Thank you, Jolene for being in my life and being a "constant" in it. If you know me, you know I have a hard time keeping in touch with people but Jo wouldn't let that happen and we've been friends ever since.

Jolene is the other side of my personality. The side that wants to be strong. Because if there is anything Jo is, it's strong. Both physically and emotionally. But I love her for her emotional strongness. She made it through a 7 month deployment with two girls under three all by herself and I never ONCE heard her complain. She is my inspiration. She's who I want to be when Aaron deploys.  I love you Jo!

After I met Jolene, I moved to Virginia. I was pregnant with Benjamin and as big as a house. We lived in a townhouse and had a row of homes behind ours. I always saw this girl outside with her little boy. I never was a people person and not one to run right up and greet someone. But, luckily for Erica and I, Aaron is.
And thats how I met this face: 
Erica.
Erica brings out this crazy person in me. Her personality is just so passionate. It's like a drug. She lives to love and she's so good at it. Her life is her boys. Her husband and sons. She's probably one of the most caring people I know.
When I came home from the hospital with Ben, my house was fully decorated and dinner was in the oven. All curtosey of Erica. And she bearly knew me! Who does that?  Erica does and it's the norm for her. She would do anything and everything for someone she loves and I'm just lucky that she loves me :)
I can't wait to get back down to North Carolina to continue our lives where we left off in Virginia.

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn I commented on this post but w/e. Is that the Erica who was in chat? How cool. I have 2 best friends, the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete