Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I feel ugly, Mama"


<- Those EXACT words came from this beautiful child just moments ago...

Where on Earth does he hear these things?! And does he even really know what it means?

I was just sitting here on the computer, checking my email and he's watching, Marley and Me. He looks over to me and says, " I feel ugly, mama" I said, "you're not ugly, Noah.. you're handsome and perfect in every single way." He then goes on to say, "I'm going to punch someone in the face!"

What the heck!?

This boy thinks way too much. You can say something in front of him once and he'll remember it forever. He'll even mock your emotions. (and I'm not talking about the "ugly" thing because I'm pretty sure no one has said that in front of him before) When he said he was ugly, he said it in a very sad voice. His eyes as big as an owls. Almost like he was going to cry. Which made me want to cry..

I dont know where he comes up with these things.. sometimes it's just so heartbreaking. Some of the things he says are so out in left field. Something that was said in front of him months ago, he remembers and repeats.

He's always thinking.
Example: While we were home, we watched the movie, Ransom (with Mel Gibson - his kid is kidnapped and held for ransom) I casually mentioned,(and I totally regret it now) to Noah that strangers are bad and he should never talk to them..Just as a little life lesson.. BIG MISTAKE! All he could talk about after wards were strangers and he kept saying that they were going to get him and hurt him.. ugh.. you think he would forget about it after a few hours or days even. Nope, not Noah.. it's stuck with him.. he talks about strangers constantly and sometimes he calls strangers, monsters and he wants me to shoot them..

Its rough. I feel so bad for him. His imagination is wild.. everything he sees, he thinks about.. he remembers.. and I'm pretty sure this is why, (at 3 years old) he still doesn't sleep through the night...

Guess I should bring him to a doctor, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment