Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day five

- A picture of your favorite memory -

This is a hard one because there are SO many. I honestly can't pick just one. And I don't have pictures for hardly any of them.. but of course I'm going to say when Noah and Benjamin were born.

One that really sticks out in my mind though is Aaron's boot camp graduation in February of 2004. I don't have any picture of it on this computer or even in my Photobucket account.. but I took a picture of a picture just so I can have a picture on this post:
 This picture is of the very first time I got to see him in 3 months. Which back then, seemed like FOREVER. I was a hot mess and a ball of emotion.
Aaron and his Dad


Aaron and his Mom.

My parents and I drove all the way to Parris Island, South Carolina to be there for "Family Day" I remember that they had to do the Eagle Globe and Anchor ceremony inside because the weather was terrible. It was raining and very cold. After that, they all lined up in formation, and I remember not being able to pick him out from the crowd. They all looked the same to me. I remember my Mother spotting him first and she said, "There he is! " And I just burst into tears. I couldn't even contain myself.. and he saw me then, too. The ceremony seemed like it took hours.. I just wanted him in my arms.. when they were finally released, I ran to him and didn't let go. Like I said before. I was a MESS.. snotting and crying and carrying on.. it was seriously one of the best days of my life and I was so happy to be able to go to the graduation. If you've never been, you missed out.. because it is wonderful. After watching a Marine Corps graduation, you are so full of pride and Patriotism..

The day after he graduated, he proposed. (which happened to be Valentines Day) and we were married that September.

No comments:

Post a Comment