Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day two

(A picture of you and the person you've been close with the longest)

This is Ian - I've written about him before. But, I'm not sure if I've told you all how we met.

I'm pretty sure I was still in high school - senior year, I think. (so almost 9 years ago)Aaron,(my Husband) and I went to a party out in the boondocks. My, (now friend,) Alyssa was there with her friend, Ian. We played a bunch of drinking games and got pretty wasted. Alyssa and I that is. Ian doesn't drink or do anything "bad", really. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay him much attention. But the following weeks, Alyssa started coming over to our apartment. And I soon found out that where ever Alyssa went, Ian normally followed.

Pretty soon, the three of us were hanging out everyday. We even went on nightly walks together. Somehow, our relationship grew from there, and eventually Alyssa would stop coming over, and Ian and I would just hang out. - I know this may seem a little strange, especially because at the time, I was living with my boyfriend.. but to know Aaron(my then boyfriend and my now Husband) you have to know that he is a very mellow and trusting guy. And Ian has never given him a reason to think otherwise. Ian is very respectful, and(I know he's going to kill me for saying this) his just like hanging out with one of the girls. And not in a gay way.. just a.. what I can only describe as an Ian way..

Ian knows everything about me. He's been through hell with me. We have really big fights about twice a year, but once we both calm down, we realize that sometimes friends do that.. and we quickly apologize. Its good to let off steam and normal to get on each others nerves.

He puts up with a lot of my shit. And I have to give him a lot of credit for that. From my body issues, to everyday normal gripes.. he listens.. he never complains, and he gives the best advice that he can.

I honestly can't picture my life before him, nor can I picture my life without him. I wish I could say that this relationship is always going to stay this way, but reality is, it wont. I know the time will come for him to settle down with a wife and have kids of his own.. and I will soon be an after thought. Because, lets be honest, how many women do you know let their man have a best girl friend? Not many. And I don't blame them. I wouldn't let Aaron have a girl that was a friend. Nope. And call me a hypocrite, but some girls just have a whole different agenda. .

So I'm just going to enjoy this time that we've had and the time that we have left and just be thankful that I got to be friends with someone like him, :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww..you'd be surprised at how accepting his future wife may be! Matt's (my best friend) fiancée hated me with a passion when they first started dating. I backed off with talking to Matt and started talking to her instead. She slowly came around and we talk on a daily basis now :) She gripes to me about the dumb stuff he does and I can usually diffuse any argument..and vice versa. Maybe I got lucky with this..but I couldn't imagine my life without Matt so I'm very thankful she came around :)

    ReplyDelete