Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So frustrating

Noah that is.. and don't think I'm a bad Mom. I just need to vent.. like bad.

Noah doesn't eat. He doesn't. And hes literally melting away in front of us. Aaron is so worried about him and lasnight, I sat up with Noah and just cried. He was up because he had hunger pains. I asked him what he wanted to eat and he said, "nana" so I went down and got him a banana. He ate maybe 3 tiny, tiny bites and pushed it away..the whole time, his stomach is growling.. I tried giving him some more. Nope. He just sat there and stared. I mean, he was up for about 3 hours just laying awake, stomach growling. And I just held him and cried.

I mean, what can I do? He wouldn't eat any dinner. He ate a yogurt and some ice cream that we pretty much had to force down his throte. Aaron cooked him some really yummy chicken and he wouldn't even touch it. I have to literaly shove it into his mouth but he just spits it right back out..

The only things that we can get him to normally eat are: corn, yogurt, any kind of fruit - and that's about it. He hates meat. Someimes he'll eat chicken or ham but anything else, ha! He'll suck the juices out of the meat and spit it out.

I don't know how man times this kid had gone to bed starving. Even junk food I can't get him to eat- chocolate chip cookies - anything.. hates it..

Soo, somethings wrong, right ? There has to be.. and (this is going to sound awful) I HATE bringing him to the doctors. He FREAKS out and the doctor can't even listen to his heart beat. Which means, he's screaming so loud that I can't even talk to her about how worried I am about him. She says he's realy skinny for his age (weighing 23lbs at 2 years, 2 months old) and that he should be tested for anemia and have a cathitor (sp?) put in to take urin samples. OKay, all fine and dandy except - how? I mean, do they plan on knocking his kid out? There is no way in hell theyre getting anything like that done to him unles they knock him out. He's awful.. I hate it.. I do! And I just cringe when I know he has to go there.

I also fee like when I bring him, we're being rushed because he's just so awful. Like the other day when I brought him because he wasn't eating and was throwing up, she said it was because he had an ear infection. Really? That's why he's not eating? And she checked his ears so quickly that I think she just said it to get us the heck out of there.. ugh..

I am beyond worried for this kid and I know that if I think he needs help, I should bring him regardless of how he acts. but it's not just because of how he acts, it the fact that I hate to see him acting so worried and being so scared.. I hate it. I try and tell him that it's fine and everything is going to be okay but he's hysterical..

So, when Aaron gets home, we're going to talk it over - we have to - I feel like he's just slowly melting away. And if there is something that we can do to help, we'd better start. So we'll figure out what we want to do.. maybe he should get all of the tests regardless of of afraid he'll be. Atleast the doctors can get an idea of whats wrong and then we can start the process of fixing it.

All I want is a healthy child. I'm afraid that they're going to find something else, something bad and maybe that's the underlying reason I don't want to go through with it all. Maybe thats why I keep telling myself that when he's hungry, he'll eat..I don't know..I'm scared. I am..

3 comments:

  1. Well if he does have an ear infection like the dr said then he pro'lly wouldn't want to eat cause when you chew it hurts your ears.. you know..

    have you tried like pedisure drinks since he's not eating, he'll get what he needs from there... Eyan was a HORRIBLE eater infact he still is but has come a long way. It started around 17mths & just got worse. He still wont' eat fruit or veggies, the dr's always said he would eat when he was hungry, bascially to give him what we eat & if he doesn't eat it he'll be fine but it was heart breakin.

    will know eat cereal like cherios or rice crispies or waffles?
    does he get if you listen we will go get a special toy? if so maybe you can tell him we have to go to he dr's but afterwards we can go get a special reward. It sucks especially when they are miserable but if you think something is wrong then go get him tested, maybe you could have him pee in a cup {i know that might be hard but instead of having him get a cat.} Might be easier if just one of you takes him in whoever he might do better with & have benji stay home that way you can just concentrate on him & not have benji see him crying & all that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry hun. I'm kind of in the same boat you are. Elizabeth eats no meat except for chicken nuggets. She can't have dairy so all she eats is bread, goldfish, and some fruit. She will do the same thing Noah does. She is so hungry and asks for something (like a banana) and eats a bite and gives it back to me then asks for more food. She's 23 pounds as well and TALL. She's so skinny and people comment me all the time about it so it makes me feel like a crappy Mom.

    *hugs* Hang in there girl. Hopefully you guys can figure something out and the doctors can help. I'll keep Noah in my thoughts. If you figure out what's going on with him let me know and maybe that's Lizzie's problem as well! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So until about 2 weeks ago when we got our new puppy, Nora wouldnt eat at all. She is 24 pounds and is 2 1/2. I feel your pain. However, she is really really thriving now! I dont know if it's because of the puppy and I know that sounds weird but all of the sudden she started eating really well.
    Well, not all of the sudden. She had an infection too and after we finished her entire round of antibiotics it's like for the first time in her little life she has an appetite. I did have her drinking 2 or 3 of the pediasure drinks a day. She likes the chocolate kind! What about fruit snacks that have his favorite character on the little baggy? Or even yogurt that has animated characters on them? Nora is better eating like that.
    I'm so sorry Jackie. I have cried many days and nights feeling so frustrated because she wont eat. It's worry I know but it also causes you to be aggrevated with them. Just hang in there and know that if something were really really wrong with him, he'd be LOSING weight. If he is not, make sure he's getting enough fluids and he'll eat when he's ready. You're a great mom. I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way and having to go through it. It's way hard and I totally understand.
    Will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete