Sunday, March 20, 2011

I think this is it..

At least it should be.

We were up at 4am and ready to hit the road. I kept the boys in their jammies because I didn't plan on staying long.

We got to base around 4:30 and were the first ones there. Finally around 4:45 people started showing up. I planned on just saying bye and dropping him off. I figured that would be the easiest way. But his Ssgt didn't show up until 5:30.

The only tears that I shed were when the boys and I were sitting in the car and  Aaron was outside with his guys and Noah kept saying, "Where is Daddy? I can't see him. Don't leave him here Mommy." I sat there and looked straight ahead and let a few tears roll down my cheek before I could even get the words out without choking on them. I told him that daddy was going to fight bad guys and that he's be gone for a long time. And of course his next question is, "Why?" (Noah's in the why stage right now)So I tried explaining that its his job to protect us from the bad guys and that's what Marines like Daddy do.. He kind of let it go after that and I sucked it up and held back the rest of the tears.

That's when Benjamin decided that he needed to go poop. Oy! Poop? Now, Benjamin?? There weren't any bathrooms in sight so I called Aaron over and told him we'd have to leave. He kissed the boys and then kissed me and it was over.

I was the first wife to leave. I hated that. But I didn't want to have to deal with poopy pajamas; and actually, that was a nice distraction from what was really going on. It was easier to say goodbye when I was focused on poop pants.

We made it home about 6:15. Benjamin happened to find my Ipod and started playing Tap Fish on it. I just wanted him to go back to bed, so I put it up and he had a meltdown! Which sucked because he went into his room and started screaming for Daddy at the top of his lungs. I went in to comfort him and he just pushed me away. Which hurt. So I gave the game back to him and Noah and I hopped into bed. Ben got tired of the game and then slid into bed with us. We slept until 9am.. they haven't asked for Daddy yet..

I didn't get any great pictures. Just one of my Husband and one of each of the boys. I wish that we could have got one with both Aaron and I but, I looked like hell from getting no sleep and worrying all night.. and I just wasn't having it. . .




When I went down this morning, I noticed that there was a sheet of paper covering up the dry erase board. When I took it down, I found this nice little note :
I thought that was pretty darn sweet. And very sneaky for him! Gotta love it..

 Now we can finally let the count down begin!!  (unless he walks back in this door before the end of the night. LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Aaron's little note totally has me tearing up. Let the countdown begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok the part where the boys were saying "where is daddy, don't leave him here!" made me cry too! Hang in there lady! You are strong and can get through this! one day at a time! Hope it goes quickly for ya. I have a feeling those two boys will keep you pretty busy ;) sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete