That is so us right now. Semper Gumby. My Husband was supposed to leave a month ago. So that means, I have been mentally prepared for him to go for a month. Guess what? He's still here. We are both getting to the point where we're snapping at each other just out of frustration. He told me the other day that he's mentally been over there for a month now. Which explains his grumpyness..
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way complaining that my Husband is safe at home with me and our boys instead of Afghanistan. I'm not. In fact, I'm beyond lucky and blessed and happy as hell that he's still here.
BUT, playing Semper Gumby is never fun. I understand its the military and we're supposed to be flexible and roll with the punches. But it just takes a lot out of you sometimes. It's really bad in this situation, because he can literally leave any. second .of. any. day. now. And that's scary and frustrating. We literally have to just sit here and wait for the text that says,"get your shit to the armory.. we're leaving at___:___"
So every day I'm making sure all of the little things, things that would be easier to do while he was here, are done. Like changing the light bulbs, taking out the garbage, all the manly things that I am lucky enough to have him here to do.
This morning I woke up to a text,(yep, hubby's phone has been shut off since mid Feb because he was supposed to be gone) saying, "new flight plans" - so now we have a whole different set of dates. Who knows when these will change. Will he be here for another month? Who knows?
All I know is, I am thanking my lucky stars for flight changes and whoever screwed up that paperwork :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! This was the title of one of my blogs a few days ago too...gotta love this crazy lifestyle. :) How awesome that Aaron is still home!! Hopefully ya'll get some answers soon about when he's leaving though...living in limbo is NO fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Aaron is still home but the constant worry about when he's leaving is probably so stressful. Yuck :(
ReplyDelete