Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm doing this:

Day Zero Project

And that link shold bring you to a list of some of the things I want to accomplish within the next 2 years.

Now these can be any kind of goals you want. Anything.  At least thats how mine is. You have 2+ years to accomplish them. Obviously, no one's going to hold you accountable if you don't accomplish them all,(at least I don't think?) but I think that 2 years is enough time to get most of them done. Especially the small things..

The one I'm working on right now is probably one of the toughest. I'm working towards crossing, run a 10k off my list. Doing pretty well with that so far.

The one that is going to be the hardest for me is to tell my Mom I love her. Isn't that awful? How many times do you tell your Mom you love her? Probably at least everytime you talk to her.

I don't. I never have. And I don't know why. Because I know I love her. She's my best friend for Godsake. But to physically say it, it's almost impossible.

Growing up in our family, we never said "I love you" I guess it was just assumed. I've never told anyone in my family that I loved them. My sister does. Everytime we talk, she says she loves me. What do I say back? "uh huh, yep, bye" You can't get me off the phone fast enough. She tells my Mom she loves her and my Mom says it back. I don't know if it all just stated with my sister because she's the youngest, but none of the rest of us say it..

I have no problem saying, "I love you" to other people. I say it to my kids 1,500 times a day. And I make sure they know it.  I guess it's because no one ever told me they loved me when I was little. Which I'm sure didn't seem like a big deal at the time. But now as I'm grown up, it's so hard for me to express those words to my family.

So yes, I need to tell my Mother I love her. Not just in a card, (even still which I sign, "Love Jackie") But to her face. And while I'm at it, maybe I'll try it on my brothers and Father as well. Hell, maybe I'll even say it back to my sister one day. :)

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I can't say "I love you" to each other, we think it's weird. We do it when we have been drinking, but normally we just can't, or if it slips on accident, we have this weird awkward pause. We think it's because when we were kids and we got in a fight we were forced to hug and say "i love you" and make up, it felt like a punishment.
    I am totally going to do this too, I am already working on my list.

    ReplyDelete