Excuse the typos. Laptop=hell to type on
So I sold my baby. For a crappy 150 bucks! My baby, my guitar that I HAD to have when I realized that Wilco wa my all time favorite band. I sold her. I sold her to some old guy that answered my add on Craigslist. It really is a sad day.
I know what you're probably thinking, "I didn't know Jackie played the guitar" Well, you're right, I didn't. I couldn't even play one song but dabnabit, one day I was going to learn. I came pretty darn close to taking lessons over the summer.
The reason it's so sad is that it was kind of the last thing that reminded me of simplier times. Times without kids, without worries, without rent payments. Times dreaming about strapping that thing to my back and hitch hiking across the country, trying to make a name for myself.
Of course, none of that happened because I never took the time to learn and I can't sing for crap anyway.. but it as still a dream. And now it's gone.
I thought that maybe one day I would sit down and make it my goal to learn how to play her but she just sat upstairs, only to come out of the case when my brother showed up with his or the kids were napping and I wanted to strum it a little. But those times were far and few between. And I almost felt bad that it was just sitting up there. No one playing it like it was ment to be played.
So that's when I placed the add. An older gentleman named Barney answered my add about 15 minutes after I put it on and wanted to come over right away. We were leaving for Maryland and told him to come Tuesday night. I never heard anything else from him and thought that he had maybe decided against it until he called this afternoon. He said that he had gotten out of work early because of the snow and would be over in 45 minutes.'
He was true to his words and showed up right on time. He took the Hummingbird out and played it like it had never been played before. Right then, I knew it was going to a better place. He was so happy to play it. He looked it all over, inspected it throughly and said, "I'll take it" And that was that.
So farewell my Hummingbird and my little piece of dreams.. lol
Hey Jackie! I just came across your blog, hope you don't mind that I follow :) How are you and the boys doing??
ReplyDelete