Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kinda crappy day

I'm dreaming and in my dream, I hear a phone ring. It rings and rings and then stops. Can't exactly remember what my dream was about but I know my Grandma was yelling at me to get the phone. I was too late. I wake up and realize that the phone in my dream is actually my cell phone downstairs. I look at the clock. 6am. And think to myself, "this can't be good" It's never good news when you get a phone call at strange hours. The only thing I could think of was my Dad. He's been real sick lately with (and I'm so going to spell this wrong) Diverticulitous. I hesitated to go downstairs because I was afraid what was going to be on the other line. But I did. When I looked at the missed call, I saw it was from my old neighbor, Erica. - She just moved from Stafford to Camp Lejeune- I call her back and she is hysterical. She tells me that her Dad died. That her Mom found him this morning when she went to work.

All I could do was cry for her. She has had the worst 2 years ever! No one should ever have to go through ths crap that she has! She lpst her little sister a year ago in October and now her Dad. Not to mention inbetween a miscarriage. What makes this even worse if her husband is in 29 palms out in the field. So she can't get ahold of him.

After she calmed down, I asked her if she called The Red Cross. She did and she wanted to talk to Aaron to see if he knew anyone else to call to try and get ahold of him. All we could think of was to have her try and call her KV. Which I guess she did because she got ahold of his command and atleast got to talk to him. So hopefully he'll be flying home tonight and they'll drive from NC to Maryland tonight.

I just feel so awful for her. She's been through so much in just so little time. I can't even imagine. And I don't know what to do to help her. I mean, what can I do? I told her that I'd be here if she needed me. To call me when she needed to. What else should I do? I feel like sending flowers just isn't enough. I know that Aaron and I plan on going to his funeral but.. I dont know.. I feel so helpless.. ugh.. it just breaks my heart.

And there really is so much more to the story but I don't see it my place to write about it. It just makes everything so much worse and more complicated.

So if you can, please think of my friend, Erica and her family. Maybe send up a little prayer. I know I will.

Thank you

3 comments:

  1. o wow many prayers being sent to her.. that is so sad she lost her sister & now her father, many prayers for her mothers & family as well i'm sure just knowing you are there whenever is more then enough for her right now.. the fact that she could call you at 6am & you be there for her says so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh hun...many good thoughts and prayers for your friend. My Dad had diverticulitus (sp?) last year. He was in the hospital and everything..he's totally fine now though so hopefully that helps ease your mind. He just has to watch what he eats and makes sure he gets enough fiber in his diet. Definately scary stuff though. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately praying. You're a great friend and I just pray that God would give you the assurance to do whatever it is you are supposed to in helping her through the next few weeks and months. Sometimes just being there and letting her cry or speak while you listen is the best you can do. This is just so sad...but God restores our hearts and gives us peace. I'm praying He will do that for her now more than ever!

    ReplyDelete