Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Ninteen

I'm falling behind..
Day nineteen
A picture and a letter:



This is a picture and a letter.
This is a journal that one of my best friends Crystal gave to me for my wedding back in 04. Everything that is laminated on that book means something special. If you look, you can see a Marine Corps emblem and a Mustang symbol.. those are just two things on there that mean something.. there is more on the back. Most of them are inside jokes and funny things that we used to talk about or say..But this journal means so much to me because Crystal took all of that time to find all of those special things, cut them out, and laminate them. It wasn't just that that she did. She also went through out the whole book and wrote little sayings and quotes that her and I used to say on a few pages and in the front, she took two pages to write out how much my friendship means to her.

Crystal and I worked together at The Home Depot. She came in right after the store opened,(if I remember correctly) as a cashier. I was a Head Cashier at the time, and we clicked right away. I remember the first time we hung out. We went to the mall and sat in the food court for hours eating Soup and Salad, (which doesn't even exist there anymore) and talking about EVERYTHING under the sun.

Crystal's friendship means so much to me. I miss her like crazy. I miss our inside jokes, the stupid stuff we always did.. we always seemed to have the need to shake our asses in the mirror and dance around, and because of that, we call each other "Milkshake" It's our pet name for each other.. and our Milkshakes will ALWAYS bring the boys to the yard :)

The picture of the letter is what she wrote me inside. Every time I read it, I get choked up. She has a way with words.. which I'm so jealous of.. cause I can never truly express what I'm feeling it always comes out jumbled and in run on sentences. But what Crystal wrote inside that book explains our friendship to a T.

We now live completely different lives. We're both married now. Crys lives in Kansas with her Husband Jeff and I wish so bad that I could just fly out there, have things be like they were back then. Sometimes I know I haven't made a great effort of keeping in touch with her like I should have. And I hate myself for that..But I hope she knows that I love her and our friendship means the world to me. That nothing can every replace all of the great memories that we've shared, and that no one else can replace her. Her personality, her strength, and reliability to her friends. When she smiles, it's contagious. I am lucky to have met her, and I am lucky to call her a best friend.

Love ya Milkshake

1 comment:

  1. I fricken love you like whoa MILKSHAKE <3 I can't believe that you still have the journal. When I saw it I started to tear up. I worked so hard on that too. Everything; the clippings, jokes, and quotes has meaning and I refused to just put something on there just to fill up the cover and back!!!! Nothing but the best and most truest for my Jackerz.

    Gosh I miss you so much and I wish I had the $$$ to come visit you.

    I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVE THE JOURNAL, IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I MADE THAT. I AM SO ELATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete