This is easy: Dick and Rick Hoyt.
I saw them in an Ironman race on tv last year. This is the story of a Father and Son. The bond of love and hope that they share. They are so inspirational. It was such an amazing feeling to watch them cross the finish line. I'm pretty sure I cried.
Read their story ^ there.
If you don't know what an Ironman is, it's a triathlon. It's a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a marathon(26.2 miles) all in one race, in one day, with a time limit. (17 hours normally)
Only the best of the best compete. And even then, a lot of people can't do the whole thing in the time limit required.
This Father and son team competes in all sorts of races, but the one that they're really famous for is the Ironman.
The father swims the 2.4 miles towing his son behind in a raft. After that, he gets on a bike and his son sits on a seat that was installed on the front of the father's bike. After the bike ride, he takes his son on the 26.2 miles across the finish line, pushing him the entire way.
If that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is..
Please take a second and read their story, look at their pictures, and let them inspire you, too

Wow, this is absolutely incredible. Definitely an inspiration!
ReplyDelete