Friday, January 7, 2011

Day ten

A picture of the person you do the craziest things with:

That would beeee Kate:


(I stole this from her Facebook because I dont have any pictures of both of us. It's been a looong time since I've seen her)

Kate and I went to school together up until the 11th grade. Where her and I both went to different private schools. We were crazy. We did the stupidest things.
Most of these were with our other good friend, Becca: I would add a picture, but I can't figure out why it's not working.. Hmm..
One time, we took a tampon, opened it, colored it with red lipstick, and hung it in a guys locker.
We used to go outside in the middle of the night and paint the manhole covers all rainbow and pretty.
One time we took Codeine and went down to the river. Somehow, Kate lost her sneaker and it started floating. The only reasonable thing for us to do was jump in after it. We got it, and continued to walk all over the town soaking wet and laughing our asses off.
As we grew older and got to the drinking age, we'd have even more fun. Sometimes though, it wasn't really "fun" until afterwards.

Like the time we decided to go to a bar in Albany together.
I met Kate in Latham where she lived. From there, we walked over to a bowling ally.. I dont even remember if we went bowling. All I know is, we thought it was boring and we were drunk and wanted to go into Albany to a bar. But we also didn't want to pay a cab. So we asked some random guy at the bar. (good idea, right?) and he said, "Sure" - Obviously. What guy wouldn't when you've got a friend as good looking as Kate? - Anyway, he drove us there. We wernt even thinking that this guy could be some kind of murderer/rapist.. we just went. But he was actually very nice. He dropped us off out front, and we went in to play pool.
We stayed there for a while, had a few drinks, and decided to go home. Since our guy left when he dropped us off, we had to call a cab. BAD idea.

So we call a cab, he comes, we hop in, and start to drive. As soon as we take off, someone raps on the hood and hops into the passengers seat.  Kate and I are like, "wwahht?" So this guy jumps in and starts telling the driver where he needs to go - the driver explains that he's driving us.. yada yada.. but then they start joking around and then arguing and then joking again - all the while, we're still sitting out front of the bar. We started to assume that they knew each other when the passenger lit up a joint and passed it to the cabbie.  Or maybe thats just what potheads do, I don't know - so the cabbie takes off. We tell him we need to go to Latham. But the guy in the passenger seat says he needs to go to Frear Park -which is in Troy.. about 20 minutes away. So the driver says, "sure, I'll drop you off in Troy" So Kate and I say," uh, we were in here first and need to get to Latham... and we're not going to pay for this guy" The passenger turns around and says, "dont worry, I'll pay my share" Okay, whatever.. still a little strange. So we get to Frear Park where the guys supposed to get out, and he doesn't have any money. Then the fight starts and we're scared shitless. The cabbie starts screaming at the passenger and they're going back and forth. the cabbie wants his money so he makes the passenger get back into the car and then drives us all over to a parking lot to an ATM. The passenger gets out, goes to the ATM and stands there.. it's not looking like he's getting any money. The cabbies swearing up a storm and punching things. Kate and I are scared out of our minds. Kates dialing 911, and I'm trying to calm her down. All the while shes calling 911, she's trying to get out of the car. I'm trying to get her to stay in, because I'm scared out of my mind and think that if we run, someones going to shoot us or something. So we stay put, kate doesn't call 911.. and the passenger comes back. He says, " I dont have any money" Which makes the cabbie livid. We start crying in the back, and the cabbie finally remembers we're there.. he makes the guy get the F out, and proceeds to drive us to Latam. Where we still had to pay our fare.
I dont think I've ever been so scared in my life. But it makes for a crazy story, with a crazy friend who I love.

Thanks for making my life way more entertaining, Kate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment