Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Nine

A picture of someone who's gotten you through the most:

My Mom:
There she is.On the left.
When I was growing up, Mom and I were never close. Especially when I was a teenager. I could not wait to get away from her, away from our house, and be out on my own. But that all changed when I had kids. We became closer than ever before. I guess having kids kind of gives you that bond or something. Whatever it is, we have it.
Despite being 800 miles away, it feels like we're always in the same room. I talk to her every single day. Weather it be email, phone, or Skype. I normally just call her because I'm bored. But she is the first person I call if something exciting or scary happens. She'll get so excited with me, or know how to calm me down when I'm scared or uncertain..
She's gotten me though all of the rough spots in life. From starting over in a private school when I was in 11th grade, to helping me through Aaron's first two deployments, to giving my family a home when we had nowhere else to turn, and always being there no matter what.. I love my Mom..

2 comments:

  1. Moms are the best. I have an amazing relationship with mine too and I think kids will only make it stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the same with me and my mom. When i was younger i was never home bc i thought she annoying and i moved out as soon as i could. Now that we are about 1 hour away from each other we're talking every day and meeting for lunch or tea time. But i think that's normal..it only makes it stronger at least.

    ReplyDelete