A picture of something you wish you could change:
World hunger.
Just looking at this picture makes me cry. Can you imagine? I can't. Do you know how much food, we as Americans waste? According to this article, wasted food written in the NY Times, we waste 27% of the food available for consumption.
Guess what? I do it too. I waste so much food that it's unimaginable. While kids like this one starve, literally to death.
That little boy could be Noah. Or Ben. It makes me so sad.
I wish I could change that. I wish that there was a little shute in everyones house that you put your unwanted and half eaten food in, and you could push a button and, BAM! It goes right to those people who are hungry, who are starving, who are just trying to make it though another day..
That feeling that you get when you're hungry, that rumbling in your stomach.. sometimes I get so hungry that I almost feel like Id rather throw up than eat. And that's just because I skipped lunch. Can you imagine going through that every single day? I can't. And my heart breaks..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

a really good move.....
ReplyDelete