I went to pick Scout up at the shelter this morning. Luckily for him, he was spared on "D day" - which is what the shelter calls the day they put the animals down. It just breaks my heart..
He was totally different this time around. VERY outgoing.. VERY hyper. ( for a 4 year old) I brought him straight from the shelter to the vet, because a couple of weeks ago, when Aaron and I visited him, he was coughing up some slimy white crap - I'm assuming it was kennel cough.
So now he's up to date on all of his shots. We're waiting to hear back about his stool sample. Hopefully everything else checks out okay. And he hasn't coughed once since I've had him. So I'm also assuming the kennel cough is gone. The vet seemed to think it was.
As soon as I brought him home, I let him out in the backyard. A few minutes later, we introduced him to Gunner and so far, they've been getting along great. Gunners kind of a pain in the ass. He's always in other dogs faces, and if I were a dog, that would be pretty annoying. I'm just waiting for Scout to snap at him, but so far, he only growls.
Anyway, I had the dogs out in the fenced in backyard, and I went inside. Then a few minutes later, I hear Gunner barking. I went to check to see what the trouble was, and noticed that Scout was nowhere to be found. Sure enough, that stinker crawled under the fence! I mean, there was hardly enough space for him to fit, but he managed. Luckily he didn't go far and Aaron caught him. So now we've got to watch him when he goes out.
After that, I gave him a bath! He wasn't very excited about that though. .
Well, I was going to post some pictures, but for some reason, it's not working. I'll have to update later. As of right now, Scout is officially rescued!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jackie, I am so happy that you guys got to him on time and adopted him!! [If we ever get a dog, he/she will definitely be adopted.]
ReplyDelete